Rogers, any phones actually SA capable?

Ad Above Message List

@Class

HoFo Member
Hello,

So looking at my Fold 5's options in band selection reveals that SA Only cannot be enabled, and there are no SA bands in the 5G band list.

Seems like a firmware configuration problem, considering Rogers is starting to deploy 5G SA.

To my knowledge, the bands presented are an accurate representation of what the modem is capable of, according to it's firmware, and not vice-versa.

Anyone else been able to enable 5G SA only or join 5G SA?

If you're referring to the *#2263# menu, it does not show hardware capabilities of the modem. Samsung can release a new software load to enable SA on any of the 5G NSA bands, and they can also enable the use of other bands that are currently disabled in software but supported in hardware.

Ad in Threadview Above Message Content
I realize that this thread was aimed at Canadian carriers, but I do use the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra that does use Verizon 5G SA in select areas in N. Florida. No additional phone/network settings are required. YMMV. Good luck.

If you're referring to the *#2263# menu, it does not show hardware capabilities of the modem. Samsung can release a new software load to enable SA on any of the 5G NSA bands, and they can also enable the use of other bands that are currently disabled in software but supported in hardware.

Which bands would that be?
I don’t get why Samsung Canada never has band 28 available for roaming. Band 28 is a low band used everywhere in the world except NA.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Back